Green Talents Forum 2021 now open for applications
Join a prestigious network for sustainability research, gain unique access to Germany’s leading scientists, and become part of an international exchange on innovative green ideas
Bonn, 07 April 2021 A sustainable future needs bright young minds. Are you a promising researcher who is looking to create a better, more sustainable future for all? Are you working on sustainable, innovative ideas to help realise the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)? Are you interested in diving deeper into Germany’s approach to research for sustainability?
"Green Talents – International Forum for High Potentials in Sustainable Development" invites you to apply for this year’s programme. Share your innovative ideas and lay the foundation for long-lasting collaborations with German research institutions and international researchers. Make your contributions count!
The Green Talents Award 2021 includes:
- Invitation to a 7-day Virtual Science Forum in October 2021:
- “Science Sessions” with leading German sustainability facilities, institutions and companies, which will virtually provide exclusive insights into their leading-edge research and projects,
- Virtual appointments with German experts of your choice to discuss possibilities for upcoming joint research and cooperation efforts,
- A wide range of workshops dedicated to the SDGs and advancing your scientific career,
- Networking opportunities with other Green Talents, participating Green Talents alumni and researchers,
- Formal Virtual Award Ceremony with your fellow Green Talents and special guests
- A fully funded on-site research stay of up to three months at an institution of your choice in Germany in 2022,
- Exclusive access to the distinguished Green Talents alumni network.
The Green Talents programme was established in 2009 and is hosted by the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research. It is held under the patronage of the German Minister of Education and Research, Ms Anja Karliczek. Honouring 25 young international researchers each year, the initiative has successfully fostered the global exchange of innovative green ideas within the field of sustainability. Currently, 282 outstanding scientists from 72 countries have been awarded for their achievements and efforts to making their communities, countries and societies more sustainable.
Eligible to apply are Master’s students, PhD students, postdocs, as well as young professionals with no more than three years of professional work experience (excluding professional work experiences gained within the scope of an academic degree) and a strong focus on sustainable development. Applicants must prove excellent command of English and above-average grades. If you are neither a German citizen nor resident, but you are strongly interested in getting to know Germany’s scientific landscape and collaborating with our leading experts, apply now!
For more information, including a competition flyer and trailer, please visit www.greentalents.de and follow us on Twitter.
Deadline for submission: 19 May 2021, 2 p.m. CEST.
DLR Project Management Agency
German Aerospace Center (DLR)
European and International Cooperation
Phone: +49 (0) 228 3821 1520