- Digitalization & Smart Technologies can build a sustainable society of the future & strategically address challenges related to the SDGs. Eleven Green Talents have joined forces & published their view on a Smart Green Planet. A wonderful outcome of alumni cooperation on the Networking Conference 2019.
- Mario Heredia has published Potential for Farmers’ Cooperatives to Convert Coffee Husks into Biochar and Promote the Bioeconomy in the North Ecuadorian Amazon as a result of his research stay at the Humboldt University of Berlin in 2020.
- Muhammad Hegazy is one of the seven winners of the CAADRIA Young Award 2021 by the Association for Computer-Aided Architectural Design Research in Asia. This award is part of an international conference and based on the academic excellence and the importance of the submitted paper.
- Kennedy Mbeva is passionate and enthusiastic about how sustainable models can be implemented to fight the climate change. To support African researchers, Kennedy Co-founded African Research & Impact Network (ARIN), a platform connecting researchers globally. Check out his portrait on AG-Career HUB.
- Mohit Saraf has been awarded the Fulbright Nehru Postdoctoral Fellow for 2 years by the USIEF, Fulbright Commision in India. Now also winner of the Grand prize of Terasaki Institute for Biomedical Innovation Photo Contest.
- Muhammad Iqhrammullah is OD Young Person of the Month for April 2021
- Alexandra Cassivi received the 2020 Sentinel North excellence postdoctoral fellowship
- Badabate Diwediga wins the 2020 TWAS - Samira Omar Innovation for Sustainability Award
- Jesús Esteban Serrano is one of the Winners of the 2020 MDPI Writing Prize (3rd Prize)
- Zhen (Jason) He has been named a Fellow of the International Water Association (IWA)
- Hannah Harrison was named as 2020 winner of the Canadian Science Policy Award of Excellence - Youth Category. Her proposal topic was "Improving seafood direct-marketing for Canadian economic resilience and food security", which focused on removing barriers for direct-marketing of seafood from small-scale harvesters, and preventing the ongoing decline of working waterfronts. You can watch the award ceremony here
- Kamila Pope was awarded first place in the International Solid Waste Association Publication Award 2020 for her book on Global Waste Management: Models For Tackling The International Waste Crisis
- Yuli Shan was named Highly Cited Researcher 2020 by Web of Science in recognition of his exceptional research performance demonstrated by production of multiple highly cited papers that rank in the top 1% for field and year in in Cross-Field
- Tatianna Silva, the second ever Brazilian, has been selected for the Homeward Bound project, a transformational leadership initiative for women with a background in STEMM (science, technology, engineering, mathematics, medicine). Have a look at Tatianna´s crowdfunding page on GoFundMe
- Shirin Malekpour have been appointed by the United Nations Secretary-General to a UN scientific advisory group on sustainable development
- Jaewon Son has been appointed as one of the 250 Greentech Alliance advisors
- Rachel Kelly was selected as one of Australia's top 40 young researchers in the Research magazine The Australian
- Mohit Saraf was selected in the 5th BRICS Young Scientist Conclave (Virtual), Russia (Sept 21-25, 2020). Every year BRICS forum invites around 20 young scientists from each country. This year the themes are Ecology, Artificial Intelligence and Materials Science. Mohit has been selected in Material Science
- Femeena Valappil featured in SDG Talks Podcasts: Breaking down The Water-Energy-Food Nexus and the Power of Duckweeds (27 August 2020)
- Tonni Kurniawan has been awarded by The World Academy of Sciences (TWAS) with the TWAS-UNESCO associateship to undertake collaboration with other outstanding researchers in the South, for a project entitled 'Microbial fuel cells for wastewater treatment'
- Emily Elhacham selected to receive the prestigious ACM SIGHPC Computational and Data Science Fellowship. ACM’s Special Interest Group on High Performance Computing (SIGHPC) has announced the twelve recipients of the ACM SIGHPC Computational and Data Science Fellowships for 2020
- Jesús Esteban Serrano, PostDoc in the Multiphase Catalysis Group (PD Dr A. Vorholt), was awarded the Hermann Neuhaus Prize for his research work on furans as a source of biofuels and chemicals from renewable feedstock
- Luísa Cortat Simonetti Gonçalves` new book "Legal remedies against the plastic pollution of the oceans: an analysis of the attempts from public international law and private initiatives to face the plastic soup" is published. Online version available here
- Joni Jupesta´s new book chapter "Establishing Multi-Partnerships Environmental Governance in Indonesia: Case of Desa Makmur Perduli Api (Prosperous and Fire Free Village) Program" published on 13 May in Springer Nature
- UNSW Engineering’s Associate Professor Brett Hallam has been named the 2020 recipient of the IEEE Stuart R. Wenham Young Professional Award, for outstanding contributions to photovoltaics technology
- Kamila Pope´s new book "Global Waste Management: models for tackling the international waste crisis" outlines the emerging global waste crisis considering the perspectives of developed and developing countries around the world and has been published on 3rd April by Kogan Page
- Mohit Saraf was selected as one of thirty 2020 CAS Future Leaders. This group of elite Ph.D. students and postdoctoral scholars were selected among hundreds of applicants and represent 18 countries and a wide array of scientific disciplines. They will visit CAS headquarters in Columbus, OH this August
- Congrats to Green Talent Mita Dasog on being selected as one of the 40 new members of Global Young Academy. The new member cohort of excellent scientists and researchers comes from 30 different countries and all GYA general disciplines
- Yalinu Poya is a Chemistry PhD student at UofG from Papua New Guinea, who is on a mission to feed the world’s growing population more sustainably. Her ambition is to create a cleaner and safer way to produce ammonia, which is used in fertilizers to produce the crops we rely on to meet global food demands. Learn more about her story!
- Kamila Pope has won the prize of best PhD thesis in Law of 2019 in Brazil (link only in Portuguese), awarded by CAPES (Coordination for the Improvement of Higher Education Personnel), a foundation within the Brazilian Ministry of Education
- Debanjan Das is one of these priviledged 660 young scientists from 101 countries who are invited to the 70th anniversary of the Lindau Nobel Laureate Meetings in Germany that connect Nobel Laureates with the next generation of leading scientists every year
- During Mohit Saraf´s research stay at HIU he was given the chance to contribute in an invited minireview. This review article highlights the importance of electrolytes for organics based batteries, which are said to be relatively safer and can be a viable & sustainable technology for current and future generations
- Andrés Ibañez led successfully UNOA team at National University of Colombia as well as the biomimetic design team Eco-incremental Lab at Pontificia Universidad Javeriana. Both teams received first places Successful team leader and Green Talent alumnus (News)
- Benjamin Keenan in conversation with 'SoGerman': talking about his research, sustainability, and his impressions and experiences during the Science Forum 2019 in Germany
- Mita Dasog was awarded the Dalhousie University President's Research Excellence Award – Emerging Investigator (June 2019). Moreover, she was selected to represent the element silicon in IUPAC's young chemist periodic table in celebration of the 100th anniversary of IUPAC (International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry) and the International Year of the Periodic Table (July 2019)
- Janaína A. Junkes got the Innovation in Circular Economy Award by the Brazilian Institute of Development and Sustainability and focuses on supporting projects and actions that bring solutions based on circular economy principles (article available in 6 languages)
- Alanna Rebelo is awarded a 3-month TWAS-DFG Cooperation Visit to the Institute of Meteorology and Climate Research at Karlsruhe Institute of Technology from July to September 2020. The topic of the research is 'the hydrological benefits of investing in ecological infrastructure for erosion mitigation'
- Chukwuebuka Christopher Okolo is one of thirty-one early-career scientists from 14 developing countries who will receive research awards to boost their scientific capability in the third round of the GRA and CGIAR Research Programme on Climate Change, Agriculture and Food Security joint CLIFF-GRADS initiative for 2020
- Zhu Liu has been named as one of 35 innovators by MIT Technology Review, for his contribution of the study on carbon budget and the anthropogenic carbon sink
- Enayat Moallemi´s new book Modelling Transitions: Virtues, Vices, Visions of the Future, A new volume from the Routledge Series in Sustainability Transitions is published on 18 December 2019
- Becky Nancy Aloo is one of 20 Young Talent Sub-Saharan Africa 2019 L'Oréal-UNESCO awardees in Biological Sciences with her research project "Identifying novel species of Irish potato to enhance yields"
- Feemena Pandara Valappil was selected for UNLEASH Innovation Lab 2019 (6-13 November in Shenzhen, China) and is working on SDG 6 - Clean Water and Sanitation
- Attila Tóth received the Science and Technology Award 2019 in the category Personality of Science and Technology under 35 Years awarded by the Minister of Education, Science, Research and Sport of the Slovak Republic
- Tonni Kurniawan was identified as top 1% peer reviewers in the field of both engineering and crossfield powered by publons
- Green Talents alumni Jayati Trivedi and Jesús Esteban Serrano are working in close collaboration in the 'Multiphase Catalysis' group at MPI for Chemical Energy Conversion in Mülheim an der Ruhr
- Wee Yound Ong as Visiting Professor in the Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory (LBNL), USA (August-November 2019) in conjunction with the national Merdeka Award Grant sponsored by Shell, ExxonMobil and Petronas, "Top Peer Reviewer 2019" in three different fields such as Materials Science, Chemistry and Cross-Field, Selected as the inaugural board - 2019 Langmuir Early Career Advisory Board Members
- Eyram Norgbey´s new research article was conducted during his research stay at the Federal Highway Research Institute in Bergisch Gladbach together with Dr Volker Hirsch
- Hannah Harrison published the following research article as an outcome of her PhD: Do you care about the river? A critical discourse analysis and lessons for management of social conflict over Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar) conservation in the case of voluntary stocking in Wales
- Eyram Norgbey won prestigious 2019 Hai Yun Fenghua Top Ten Award (only in Mandarin)
- George Kofi Parku startet his doctorate at KIT
- Brigadier Libanda, Green Talent from Zambia researches sub-Saharan tree growth in Bayreuth
- Kennedy Mbeva published the article Subtle differentiation of countries’responsibilities under the Paris Agreement together with his supervisor Dr Pieter Pauw conceived during his research stay at DIE in 2015
- How Green Talents influenced my follow-up endeavors: Report by Umarah Mubeen